Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Northern Cape
Unit 6 & 7, CH3Z
- Access to the cottage via a paved ramp from sandy area around the unit and parking bay. Large burrows in the sand around the cottage.
- Adequate space in the bedroom with access to the cupboards. Beds can be moved around to create transfer space. Height of bed is 540 mm. No lowered hang rail. Leg space of 650 mm underneath vanity shelf.
- Adequate space in bathroom for manoeuvring of wheelchair. No bath available.
- Roll-in shower with standard taps and small shower seat with height of 530 mm. Taps not within reach of seat. Height of adjustable shower head is 1200 mm and grab rail is 890 mm. Width of entrance is 940 mm.
- Leg space of 740 mm underneath the basin with standard taps and vanity shelf. Mirror not within reach.
- Limited space of 550 mm next to the toilet for side-ways transfer. Measurement from wall to front of toilet is 730 mm and height of toilet seat is 490 mm. Height wall grab rail is 600 mm and cistern rail is 980 mm.
- Access to the kitchen facilities and dining table. Paved patio outside. Barbecue grill below patio on sand.
- Access to reception and information centre via a ramp. The environment in rest camp is very sandy.